Josh's current address is 51 N 2nd St. Apt 310 Stroudsburg, PA 18360. Packages and letters will be safer going to the mission home. The mission home address is 721 Paxon Hollow Road Ste. B, Broomall, PA 19008. Keep in mind that there will be a delay because it take some time to get packages and letters from the mission home to Josh.

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Email from 9/2/14

Hey Dad,
So my P-Day got moved to Tuesday because of Labor Day so that's why I'm emailing today. Also I lost my bus pass running to catch a trolley so I had to buy a week pass on my home card so that's why there's the $24 missing on my account. There might be a month pass that the office has extra so hopefully I don't have to buy anything more. I'm glad to hear that you are all moved in and that you had a lot of people help out. If you could sometime send me some pictures of the house other than the backyard is like to see what it looks like. Are you and Nate going to put a hoop up in the front?
This last week was definitely great because of the close of it! On Tuesday though we moved into our new place at 2130 E Tucker St, Philadelphia, PA 19125. It took up a good portion of the day but since we didn't have a fridge yet we had to leave the food in the old place in that fridge. We lived on pancakes so that wasn't too bad. The location is much better and the apartment could almost be a starter home, actually it is bigger than the duplex Amber and Steve were in awhile back. It has central air and upstairs has nice carpet it's great! Plus there's a washer and dryer but the washer doesn't drain that well and the dryer doesn't heat up much. So I was up all night waiting for my bedding to dry because it never got hot in the dryer.
Friday we got a referral so we stopped by and he was waiting outside for us and told us that missionaries gave him a Book of Mormon a year ago and he read the 1st book of Nephi and now he wants to be baptized. Since then he has come to football with us, to church and the baptism afterwards, to the Labor Day activity and we are meeting with him tomorrow as well. He even said he wants to serve a mission but he's in the navy and wouldn't get out til he's 28. We set him a baptismal date for September 21! He is really solid and already wants to pay his tithing and everything!
I'm excited to teach him!
Well I really hope everything goes well with everything
Love,
Elder Barker

No comments:

Post a Comment