Josh's current address is 51 N 2nd St. Apt 310 Stroudsburg, PA 18360. Packages and letters will be safer going to the mission home. The mission home address is 721 Paxon Hollow Road Ste. B, Broomall, PA 19008. Keep in mind that there will be a delay because it take some time to get packages and letters from the mission home to Josh.

Monday, March 9, 2015

Email from 2/23/15

Hey Dad, 
So that's really cool about Nate's game hopefully he's able to have a good day. That's really cool that you get to go to General Conference! I want to go so bad and I think I'm going to try when I go to college.  
So this week was very slow again we had the cars parked a couple times. We did have some great things happen though, Sister A. (from Spanish branch) finally stopped drinking coffee! That was great to hear and we found out that someone we are teaching, Freddy (Spanish), stopped drinking coffee as well and we haven't even taught him about it yet! This while teaching the law of chastity to him and his 12 year old son. Freddy also told us that he wouldn't be able to attend church because they were picking up his mother in law, but as we were sitting in sacrament meeting, Freddy, his wife, and his son all walk in! It was so cool! Also we went to all 3 services on Sunday because a less active from the Spanish branch works but has time for the 2nd Ward (9 AM) so we went with him and elder leach translated for him.  
Yesterday we had a couple of 70s come and speak to us about the technology we have and will receive in the mission. We were told for everyone that has more than 6 months left they will have to buy their devices so I'm actually very happy I've been out for 18 months for that reason. But while they were talking I had a lot of personal revelation come to me about how I can finish my mission strong.  
Well I'm so happy to be on a mission and it's such an exciting time to be a missionary as well! I absolutely love it and I will never regret it. I love being a missionary
Hope everything goes well 
Love,

Elder Barker 

No comments:

Post a Comment