Josh's current address is 51 N 2nd St. Apt 310 Stroudsburg, PA 18360. Packages and letters will be safer going to the mission home. The mission home address is 721 Paxon Hollow Road Ste. B, Broomall, PA 19008. Keep in mind that there will be a delay because it take some time to get packages and letters from the mission home to Josh.

Thursday, May 22, 2014

May 12, 2014

Note from Amber:  I was able to pull a lot of pictures Josh was tagged in over the last couple of weeks and add those to the blog this week.  Looks like he was able to really check out Philly!  Liberty Bell, Rocky, Future Philly Temple Site, and a few others.  Enjoy!

Hey Dad
So this will be quick since we went to Philly today. I got to see the temple site which was really great:) I hope to come back in 2016 when it is dedicated. We got to see a lot of tourist spots and yes I ran up the rocky steps and got a pic next to the rocky statue as well. It was a lot of fun. So this week we were able to do a lot more work and we were able to get 10 lessons on Tuesday! We ended with 20 which is my mission high. Thursday we went out with a member to help his home teaching stuff that he was supposed to have done in March. We went to the first inactive house and she comes out and the first thing he does is start condemning her and she stopped coming because she was insulted. So Elder Spackman and I had to quickly take control and tell her how much we love and need her at church and were able to invite the Spirit and it went better. He did it again with another less active sister. It was just bad cop good cop basically haha. On Friday we were able to run into someone I was teaching who was about to be baptized but then moved. The missionaries where he moved to never got our referral and he was a bit sad so I sent another one and told him to call us if they don't. After we went to his neighbor Latoya's and gave a quick lesson on the Restoration of the Gospel through Joseph Smith and she said she wants to be baptized so we set a date for July 19 with her. I was able to bear my testimony about how much the Book of Mormon has helped me and the Spirit filled that room. It went great. Saturday we met with another investigator and it turns out that she was best friends with Sandra who just got baptized but they lost contact and we were able to help them get back in touch. Her husband was there on the lesson and he said he hasn't prayed in years and we were able to help him pray again and it was such a great prayer. Saturday we had a baptism:) Michael got to baptize her and we were able to confirm her Sunday. 
It was a good week:) I wish I was able to see Amanda and I hope they're all doing great:)  
I love you all!
Love,
Elder Barker











No comments:

Post a Comment