Josh's current address is 51 N 2nd St. Apt 310 Stroudsburg, PA 18360. Packages and letters will be safer going to the mission home. The mission home address is 721 Paxon Hollow Road Ste. B, Broomall, PA 19008. Keep in mind that there will be a delay because it take some time to get packages and letters from the mission home to Josh.

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

5/25/2015

Hey Dad,

Happy Birthday! Youve done such an amazing job magnifying your calling as a father, and though I am a little biased, you have raised us kids and have always strived to stress the gospel in our home and I thank you for that. That's awesome about Nate good for him, I still encourage him to use tutors up at college, I'm going to. I really do love my mission, I had a dream last night, or maybe it was a day dream while trying to get myself to workout where I was Philly again during a heatwave and I missed it. It was hot and I constantly had sweat dripping as we walked down the streets or rode the busses, but oh it was great and I will always remember these days. Oh and I lifted 257. I want to go for 300 by the time I get home. With that, my release date will be August 1st. It's basically whenever mom flies in in August. With the watch, I have no idea but I'll take it haha that's pretty weird. Nate already is going to become an Elder?! That's so crazy!!
This week was good we had some really good lessons. We met again with Lisa and talked about the Book of Mormon and read 3 Nephi 11. It helped her see that the Book of Mormon is about Christ. She came to church! Her and 10 of her adopted children! 7 of them had special needs and were all sweet. I love those kids so much they're really funny. We're actually going there tonight for Memorial Day. We picked up a new investigator as well named Mel. She has met with missionaries in the past a lot but hasn't since October. She has read the Book of Mormon 3 times! And has recently quit smoking and drinking coffee on her own because of the word of wisdom! She lives kinda far from the church but is willing to drive up there. She seems like a great woman and is already very close to baptism. I'm excited to work with her. We had another great lesson with a less active sister. It got scheduled out of nowhere but the spirit definitely help guide it and her home teacher, who came with us, did such an awesome job. She's making a lot of good decisions for herself and I'm happy for her. 
Things here in stroudsburg are going well:) we just started week 5 in the transfer.
I love you Dad.
Love,
Elder Barker

No comments:

Post a Comment