Josh's current address is 51 N 2nd St. Apt 310 Stroudsburg, PA 18360. Packages and letters will be safer going to the mission home. The mission home address is 721 Paxon Hollow Road Ste. B, Broomall, PA 19008. Keep in mind that there will be a delay because it take some time to get packages and letters from the mission home to Josh.

Monday, December 30, 2013

Email from 12/30/13

 Hey everyone,

 I want to start by thanking everyone for all of their gifts.  Thank you for the bag and the electric razor.  Shaving is no longer a pain and this is going to sound weird, but it's fun haha. It was great to see you guys and I wish I could have been able to Skype with Amber and Steve but it was nice being able to see them. Emmy and Daisy are still so cute! I'm sorry I didn't talk much it was just a bit weird seeing the house haha. How did Nathan do in his contest? the place i'm at right now doesn't support the player so i can't watch it. are there other videos as well? or can nathan send me the link to the contest? how did the whole tournament go?  and I know it was Grandma Urie's bday a couple days ago so someone please tell her that I say happy birthday!

 Our week went well. a lady named April moved into the apartment right above us and Elder Parker  and I helped her and her dad move in. Her dad, John, has studied with a lot of different religions but never this LDS church and he is interested in learning more.  He offered to buy us a drink to thank us but of course we didn't haha so he offered to buy us a rotisary (or however you spell it) chicken.  It was really cool because the night before our zone leader asked how we were doing on finding new investigators, and we had not had any new ones that week so he told us to pray for a family and it will happen.  Well I had already prayed but when we got off the phone we both got on our knees and prayed for a family to come across our path. And now April, her son, and her dad John moved in! It was awesome to see how prayers are answered. Sunday I went with the Spanish Gospel Principles class... I need to learn Spanish. Sunday was a good day though. There is a baptism coming up on the 11th for a young man named Fabio. He is so cool. and in the upcoming weeks Dezyrai McFarland will be baptized by her dad so that will be really awesome to see:)

The Molano's invited us over on Tuesday and they gave us some gifts and that was really nice of them and the best present they gave us were left overs because they were divine!  Sorry I don't have much time to talk today we are going up to Hazleton and spending the day up there with the other elders.  How was everyone's Christmas? tell nathan to write or send me an email about his. I still remember him freaking out when he got an xbox haha still funny. I hope you are all doing well and have a Happy New Year!

Love,
Elder Barker
p.s. i now get to use facebook!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment