Josh's current address is 51 N 2nd St. Apt 310 Stroudsburg, PA 18360. Packages and letters will be safer going to the mission home. The mission home address is 721 Paxon Hollow Road Ste. B, Broomall, PA 19008. Keep in mind that there will be a delay because it take some time to get packages and letters from the mission home to Josh.

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Email from 1/26/15

Hey Dad,  
That's so crazy that Elder Tui is going home! I had just gone back to college when he left! That's really cool about Nathan hopefully they do well tomorrow-can you film it? I was thinking this week that the players that went to college the same year I did are now Juniors. Their college days are almost up. If I was going to play college sports I'd be super happy because my mission would have stretched it out. I would've had a year playing and then got another 3 when I got home.  
I've had a huge reminder of the importance of temple marriages and eternal families this week.  I have always known that my sights were on the temple. I know that if I married outside of it I would never truly be happy and thinking of my children growing up with one parent encouraging the gospel and seeing them see the other parent doing things outside the gospel, or worse just not having the gospel at all. And then future generations growing up in darkness because of me not staying true to the covenants I made. It's amazing to see the difference that knowledge has made to so many families out here, and it was a reminder to me that I won't settle for anything less.   
Well this week things picked a bit... Slightly. Luckily it hasn't snowed a whole lot because my boots have caused the back of my heels to bleed from them cutting into me. But we were able to go on exchanges with the assistants and we were able to have a really cool lesson with a less active member and her non member. It was super great and we set up an appointment which fell through unfortunately. 
This week we studied a lot about prayer though and I contemplated yesterday a lot of how much prayer has helped me. I have often found myself just on my knees just pleading to God for strength, I have told him to strengthen me as he has before and then got up and read my scriptures trying to get any message he might send me. And I have felt just slowly my anxiety and depression just leave me.  
I found an amazing poem and I had all this stuff I wanted to talk about but we just were super busy! But I love it:  
I know not by what methods rare, But this I know, God answers prayer. I know that He has given His Word, Which tells me prayer is always heard,
And will be answered, soon or late. And so I pray and calmly wait. I know not if the blessing sought Will come in just the way I thought; But leave my prayers with Him alone, Whose will is wiser than my own, Assured that He will grant my quest,
Or send some answer far more blest.
 
I know that God does indeed answers prayers, he has answered mine time and time again. I love the power of prayer so much and when it is coupled with righteous acts, miracles are the product of it.  
I love you Dad
Love,
Elder Barker

No comments:

Post a Comment